Individuals need to have the necessary semiotic objects in mind in order to be able to recognize reality and deal with it.
When dealing with adaptive systems it is necessary to have in mind their fundamentals to influence them. These fundamentals are stored in the long term memory as semiotic objects.
Long term memory
Cognitive objects are stored in the long term memory and are accessed if the individual approaches reality in an adapted way.
The access of long term memory requires a structural approach.
Intuition is an “automatic” response which includes the information of the objects stored in the long term memory.
This case has been studied by different researchers that concluded that a master recalls the multiple objects s/he has in his/her mind to categorize the situation of the opponents.
The more situations s/he can recall and relate to diagnose a situation, the more flexible his/her approach to the real game and the more chances s/he has to win.
Long term memory is integrated by:
1) Episodic memory, to recall personal experiences from our past.
2) Semantic memory, to store facts, information, concepts, rules, principles, and problem solving skills.
3) Procedural memory, to remember how to perform or employ a strategy.
These three types of long term memory are integrated. They store the cognitive objects that people need to respond on time to influence an environment.
The objects stored in mind must fulfill several conditions.
1) They must include the conceptual structure to be meaningful
2) They must be secure, to be reliable
3) They must include the individual’s beliefs, to be remembered. When the individual’s beliefs are not included they are forgotten.
4) They must include knowledge, which includes the possibility of application.
5) They must include groundings which have to be reasonable, comprehensible and provable.
6) They must include action procedures to make the objects useful.
An individual needs to have in mind the necessary semiotic objects of the specific field or of a homologous reality in order to deal with an adaptive system.
NOTE: The Unicist Research Institute was the pioneer in complexity science research and became a private global decentralized leading research organization in the field of human adaptive systems.